Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Coincidence?

What if there was no such thing as coincidence or happenstance? What if every intricate detail was part of a grand design, a master plan? Everything happens for a reason. I think it does and here's why.

My first job was nothing special. I worked for my Dad in a heavy equipment maintenance shop while attending Technical College part time. I was 17, doing average duties. I worked nearly full time (just a few hours shy of earning benefits), running parts, organizing and stocking the parts room, and of course my favorite-janitorial duties. A day came where I would no longer be covered under my parents insurance unless I was a full time student. Needing an income, full time school wasn't an option, so my job hunt began. It just so happened a store I frequented for parts had a job opening. I applied and although I was initially turned down, I wound up with the job when the first candidate turned down the offer. A few years into my position as secretary a customer came in. He emailed me after witnessing my coworkers poor behavior. He had an opening within his company and encouraged me to apply. A total stranger offered me a job (for a position which I had no experience)! I took it and worked there 6 years until I was blessed with the opportunity to stay at home with two of my greatest blessings! God planned for me to work where I did when I did. In those 6 years at my most recent job,  I was honored to have coworkers that were more like family. The  supported me through the largest events in my life: marriage, my husband's deployment, and two pregnancies. Neither of my previous jobs offered the supportive people or atmospheres the third did.

This is only one simple example. I can think of at least a half a dozen more, I won't bore you!! I'm sure there are countless others I fail to notice as well.  Some were merely (sometimes less than pleasant) lessons preparing me for things I'd encounter later in life. Others were series of events that led from one thing to the next-like my example above.

It's crazy how much we can understand when we take a step back and allow our eyes and hearts to focus on the bigger picture. God has a plan. Take a moment to realize everything he has done for you, everywhere he has led you. When I do, I feel an overwhelming sense of peace and utmost trust in his ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment